Sunday, June 28, 2009

it's just the touch of a finger
tracing over softly shaped lips
brushing thick hair from clouded eyes
slipping from ankle to thigh
and capturing seconds in sighs
we breathe easy in the mellow
as metal pressures skin
on the forehead of the new
I'm an experience waiting
to be born into your patient hands
frazzled and lonely
in the wake of a broken love
I am the result of my self-destruction
of Polaroids and darkened rooms
of too much sleep and stars in my eyes
my demise, the passion that burns me
through everything I do
intensity breathes my name
and sends me tripping lightly
into your gentle embrace
"Hello, we are alive and lovely"
take me in, just take me in
save me from these shattered prophecies
and sweep me slowly to higher ground
to laugh and play
and breathe and dream...
the common denominator
3+4 and 99
to break us down
and piece us together
I'm home and I'm okay
dancing slowly through the holes in your ears
if only to be
alive and lovely with you.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

It's a shame I didn't get to read this in Washington. I love your pieces, and they seem to go there.. But perhaps that is only because I know you reside in Oregon and, out of ignorance, I see Oregon as being similar to Washington, though I have yet to visit Oregon.