Monday, September 7, 2009

it's one of those days
where time goes slow and I'm okay...
I would have taken you to see the stars
on a night where I would be okay
but you shook my gentle fingers
from your lips
and shackled my wrists to my mouth
I would have held your head
and rubbed your sore temples
but you looked in my eyes
and turned flesh to logic
letting blue burn like fire in your reason
I would have taken your hand in mine
and drank the cold from your bones
leaving scratches in your muscles
and decision in your pores
with my skin split and my senses reeling
you kissed me so fast that my head spun
and I couldn't make sense
of the words you etched into my brain
like a crooked coat hanger
your tongue destroyed my skin
and I'm left shredded softly
on the boundaries of what is real
you shook me awake
with your whispering words and esoteric stare
and stepped away to pressure the lines
time is slow, and I'm okay
because you pushed the button
that brought me to life
and the stitches are leaving me
in the hopes that your stolid arms
will return to my spine-less self
I promise that I am okay today
I promise that I am okay today
but I would have taken you to see the stars...

No comments: