Tuesday, November 3, 2009

rounded bite marks break the lips of reason
I suppose I see the logic
in life [a break from death]
in death
[a break from life]
the edges are soft and I'm on the verge
in this padded cell of mine
today I'm imagining car wrecks
feeling glass shatter in my straight jacket
I'm on tiptoe
syringe to skin and muscle to trigger
and I find that I am an observer
noticer of the little things
participant through the looking glass
taking notes to live, to breathe, to break
you know the reality set 
by the patterns in my heartbeats
the despair chewing my veins
please, for my sake hold me down
as the writhing of my cells 
breeds disgusting logic
I swear that life
is just [a break from death...]




1 comment:

momo said...

"I suppose I see the logic
in life [a break from death]
in death
[a break from life]
...
taking notes to live, to breathe, to break"

You are undeniably incredible.
(It's Monnét)